- 1St 3years most important
- Can read to baby from 4months with Dad’s deep voice Neck nuzzeling/singing/ soothing baby
- Cut cord?
- Dad’s role before birth ,labour and beyond Pamper Mum, Pedicure ( Can’t see her feet!
- Look in the case before day of birth
- Tour of hospital
- Skin to skin ,why so important for couples bionome Have house tidy come home earlier
- Sleep treats cook/braai/ready made foods
- Frozen milk /cup feeds
- Bath baby/ ,change nappies / wear baby /baby massage
- Don’t leave mum alone for long periods of time / flexi-time Praise her, tell her she is doing well
- Promote Breast Feeding/ Breast feeding in public ? Identifying Post Natal Depression in Mum and Dad /treatment Discipline
- Introducing baby to the dog
- Mothering the Mother’
- Visiting Times once home eg 10 to 11 am 3 30 to 4 30pm
- Post natal excersizes good walk initially Good for PND
- RELEVANT Telephone numbers
- Date without the Baby/ What about sex?
- Bringing up children is families work including Grand Parents.
Grand Parents classes
Bringing up children is families work. Grand parents are the corner stone of families, having a wealth of history, a lifetime of experience, rituals and customs to pass on, and unconditional love.
Subjects as diverse as:
- Gifts REALLY wanted at baby showers
- Correct feeding of babies
- Latest research for childbirth and parenting
- What’s hot and What’s not
- How to help with Post Natal Depression
- Names and body parts
- Most importantly what grand parents need
- Plus much much more.